Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Clothespin Apron



Since my dryer is broken and I have been using my clothesline full-time, I decided to make things a little bit easier for myself. Bending down 100+ times to pick up clothespins out of a basket was getting old. I thought it might be easier to hold them in an apron with a big pocket.

Of course, as with every great idea I have, someone has already thought of it before me. After a little Google search, I found this great pattern. The floral fabric I used is actually a sheet (pictured below) that I bought at a yard sale for 25 cents! I love the retro look of the fabric.


It was my first time using bias tape and I made A LOT of mistakes. But it's functional, and that is what matters most. And it made hanging diapers to dry a little more fun today. Now, I'll keep my fingers crossed that these dark clouds will pass by quickly. These summer storms are not making it easy on me!


Always, 

Amanda