Monday, September 13, 2010

101 Things in 1001 Days

Today I am 30. It sounds so old, yet I feel so young. I am very happy and content with where I am in my life. I have a wonderful husband, two beautiful boys, a house to grow old in, and great family and friends. I am very blessed!

I have heard it said that your 20's are for finding yourself and your 30's are for living out that "self" that you found. My 20's were definitely a time for finding myself. I feel like I have finally come into my own, even just in the past 2-3 years. Something about having kids makes you not care about what everyone else thinks. It's important for me to live authentically for my children. I have done a lot and made a lot of changes. There are still plenty of things I want to do. Because I can't function without a list...here is my "life" to do list, or at least for the next 3 years.

Inspired by Heather. Here we go...(In no particular order of importance, just as they came to mind and then categorized.)

A Healthier Me
  1. Incorporate more whole/unprocessed foods into my diet
  2. Start drinking green smoothies
  3. Become a vegetarian
  4. Start drinking infused water instead of sodas
  5. Start running again
  6. Run a marathon
  7. Start practicing yoga regularly
  8. Try out hooping
  9. Start drinking herbal tea
  10. Lose the baby weight
A Life Less Toxic
  1. Purchase a Berkey water filter and a filtered shower head
  2. Stop using plastic in the kitchen...use stainless and glass when at all possible
  3. Buy Kleen Kanteens for me, hubby, and the boys
  4. Convert to all natural body products... cleansers, lotions, etc.
  5. Start wearing all natural/organic makeup
  6. Switch to no-poo method of washing hair and find or make natural styling products
  7. Make homemade deodorant
  8. Make homemade bug spray
  9. Find natural sun screen
  10. Start using natural toothpaste
  11. Stop coloring my hair or switch to henna dye
  12. Get rid of Teflon coated pans
  13. Make a "healing basket" with natural remedies
  14. Make homemade laundry detergent and stain remover
A Life Less Wasteful
  1. Start using cloth paper towels and napkins Oct 2010
  2. Start using "cloth" sandwich bags
  3. Start using cloth cotton pads (In place of cotton balls)
  4. Start using mama cloth or Diva Cup
  5. Try out cloth toilet paper
  6. Use reusable shopping bags ALL the time
  7. Start using handkerchiefs instead of Kleenex Oct 2010
  8. Try to get all books from library, borrow, or buy used
  9. If purchasing books or music, purchase to download online
  10. Try furoshiki instead of gift wrap
A Simple Life
  1. Join The Compact (pledge to not buy anything new for one year)
  2. Pay off all debt (except houses)
  3. Downsize to one car
  4. Get rid of the microwave
  5. Simplify each room of the house - only keep what is functional and/or what I LOVE
  6. Stop shopping at Wal-Mart, Target and other big company stores and start shopping at Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, farmer's markets, and small locally owned businesses
My Little Suburban Homestead
  1. Start composting
  2. Plant a garden
  3. Start canning and preserving
  4. Start collecting rainwater for watering garden and other uses
  5. Build pantry shelves
  6. Organize home office
  7. Organize sewing room
  8. Redecorate living room
  9. Redecorate sun porch
  10. Redecorate boys bedroom
  11. Redecorate master bedroom
Going To and Fro
  1. Purchase a cruiser style bicycle with a basket and ride to local places (library, park, etc)
  2. Purchase a bike trailer for the boys
  3. Purchase a diesel vehicle and convert to run on veggie oil
It's Personal 
  1. Start every day with prayer and meditation 
  2. Purchase a DSLR camera Sept 2010
  3. Take a photography class
  4. Take an online course at Vintage Remedies
  5. Start etsy store
  6. Start ReFind style
  7. Do nothing and relax more often
  8. Read all the books on my Good Reads "to read" list (see sidebar)
  9. Organize computer files, pictures and email folders
  10. Find awesome boots and wear them with EVERYTHING!
  11. Volunteer with Impact Fulton (in honor of my dad)
  12. Give blood again
  13. Go on a mission trip
  14. Get a tattoo? (Still thinking about this one...)
Family Matters
  1. Get rid of TV except for DVD use Sept 2010
  2. Get rid of DVD's that do not line up with our values
  3. Write a Family Mission Statement
  4. Write "18 Year Discipleship Plan" for our children
  5. Go camping
  6. Decorate the house with beautiful family photos (that I take with my new DSLR camera)
  7. Visit Ohio family
  8. Create family rhythm/schedule
  9. Read the entire "Parenting Passageway" blog
  10. Organize family photos and keepsakes
  11. Start doing Tot School with Buddy
  12. Start doing daily "devotions" with Buddy
  13. Have another baby
  14. Make keepsake box of my father's things
  15. Buy a vintage locket to hold a picture of my father
  16. Go on a REAL vacation to the beach
  17. Start real vintage shopping
Oh So Crafty
  1. Make an inspiration board
  2. Make a king size quilt for our room
  3. Make a full/queen quilt for the boys to share a bes when Little Man gets older
  4. Make a rag rug out of old t-shirts
  5. Knit a sweater for myself
  6. Knit a baggy hat for myself
  7. Knit a sweater for each of the boys
  8. Knit a hat for each of the boys
  9. Knit a hat for hubby
  10. Learn to crochet
  11. Learn to spin yarn
  12. Dye yarn using plant dyes
  13. Learn to embroider
  14. Take an online class with Rachel and Elsie
  15. Make a felt playhouse for the boys
  16. Buy a vintage sewing machine
Well, those are my 101. I'm sure I'll think of more, but that's it for now. I've been working on this post for about a month now, so some of the things I have already begun. I will mark through and date the items as my way of "checking them off the list" as I move forward. Gotta get busy


Always, 

Amanda