Thursday, August 19, 2010
A Greener Mailbox
One of the things on my "to do" list has been to find a way to unsubscribe to unwanted catalogs and junk mail. I found a great website that allows you to do just that. Check out Catalog Choice to set up your personal mailing preferences. Recycling is great, but reducing the amount of catalogs that are printed is even better. If you still like to look at catalogs and sales ads, most companies now offer online catalogs and ads that you can view on their websites. But just think, the less catalogs you look at, the less "manufactured want" you will experience and more money you will save!
Always,
Amanda
(Since writing this post, I came across two other similar websites...www.dmachoice.org (direct mail) and www.optoutprescreen.com (credit and insurance offers). The second one requires your Social Security number, but I checked it out on Clark Howard's website and it is legitimate. I found these sites and some other great tips on The Zero Waste Home blog.)
