Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Learning my DSLR

The boys and I had a nice visit with my grandparents last week. I might have been a little over-ambitious in my list of things I had hoped to accomplish during my trip. I never got around to any reading any books, knitting, or planning, but I did get to play around with my camera in the manual setting. (I also got caught up on the entire season of Project Runway. Good thing I don't watch TV at home anymore or I wouldn't get anything done!) 

It was the perfect week to work on improving my photography skills because Little Blue Boo was doing a series on photography tips. I also did a lot of reading on the Mom and Camera blog. She does a great job of  explaining aperture, shutter speed, and ISO. 

Without further adieu, here are some of my photographs. (Taken with my Canon Rebel XS using the 18-55mmIS kit lens and edited on Picnik.)

Little Man bathing in my grandma's kitchen sink just like I did as a baby...

Jack and my Grandpa having breakfast...


My grandpa's truck next to my favorite tree...


Beautiful Fall leaves...


Getting rocks to throw into the creek...

Buddy loved watching the horses...


A beautiful tree at dusk...


I am enjoying taking pictures with my DSLR and I hope to take a class or two in the future. I would also love to learn how to edit photos in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom. All in good time.


Always, 

Amanda