Yesterday was Buddy's 3rd birthday. It was a fun and busy weekend and I'll share pictures of his awesome party later this week. But today I want to say a few words about my sweet little boy.
To my "Buddy"...
The past year of your life has been such a year of growth and change for you. You left toddlerhood and became a "real" little boy. You have become so independent and you are needing me less and less. It makes me sad at times, but I love watching you come into your own.
You are so kind and compassionate, and you have wisdom that goes well beyond your 3 years. You don't always listen to me, but it is because you think you know better than I do. And at those times, I know you are my child because we are so much alike!
You are such an amazing little boy and I am honored that God chose me to be your mother. I know that the Father has anointed you to do great things for His kingdom and I am so excited to have a front row seat!
I love you more than I ever thought I was capable of loving someone. You have taught me so much about myself, about life and about God's ways. Being my first child, I am sure that I am making many mistakes with you as I am learning how to be a mother. But even on the days I am cranky, impatient and no fun to be around, you love me. Unconditionally. All you want is to be near me. And in that, you have taught me about the love of God.
"I tell you the truth, anyone who doesn't receive the Kingdom of God like a child will never enter it." Mark 10:15 NLT
I couldn't ask for a better little friend or "Buddy" and I just want you to know that these past three years have been the best three years of my life!
![]() |
| March 20, 2008 |
| March 20, 2009 |
| March 20, 2010 |
| March 20, 2011 |
Always,
Mom
