This is starting to feel like a while ago...
But this seriously feels like yesterday!
Where has the year gone and where is my baby?
He's the big TWO today. (But he'll always be my baby as far as I'm concerned.)
This little guy brings so much energy, silliness, zeal, sweetness, and joy to our family. Just as I thought I had this mothering thing down, he came along and challenged me in new ways. But I think after two years, I almost have him figured out.
He prefers tickles and wrestling to snuggles and cuddles.
He won't let his Daddy walk out the door without giving him a kiss.
He loves "chock-it" milk.
He can't stand to get his face or hands dirty.
He hates clean rooms. (That's all that I can figure because he always destroys them immediately upon entering. I guess he prefers the "lived in" look.)
He is fearless.
He wants to be just like his big brother.
And when he sleeps, he looks like an angel.
Dear Aidan,
The other night I woke up to find you lying on top of me, your head against my chest. I felt your little body go up and down with each breath. Your soft hair tickled my nose.
I live for those moments.
You are so full of energy and you never seem to stop. I love to watch you run around and be silly. You always make me smile. But I also love it when you wear down and want your mama to hold you. I cherish every moment that I get to hold you close and nuzzle your hair and pat your back. I know that much too soon, there will come a day when you will be big enough to hold me. So for now, I am going to hold you and love on you whenever you will let me.
My heart is so full of love for you. Happy Birthday!
Always,
Mama